Our website may be used without entering personal information. Different rules may apply to certain services on our site, however, and are explained separately below. We collect personal information from you (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number, etc.) in accordance with the provisions of German data protection statutes. Information is considered personal if it can be associated exclusively to a specific natural person. The legal framework for data protection may be found in the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (TMG). The provisions below serve to provide information as to the manner, extent and purpose for collecting, using and processing personal information by the provider. CBS Cologne Business School GmbH Hardefuststraße 1 50677 Köln T: +49 (221) 931809-0 F: +49 (221) 931809-20 E-Mail: email@example.com Please be aware that data transfer via the internet is subject to security risks and, therefore, complete protection against third-party access to transferred data cannot be ensured.
- Limitation of liability The contents of this website are prepared with the greatest possible care. However, the provided does not assume any guarantee for the correctness, completeness and currentness of the contents provided. The use of the website contents takes place at the user’s risk. Contributions which include the author’s name reflect the respective author’s opinion and not necessarily the provider’s. Simple use of the provider’s website by no means denotes the existence of a contractual relationship in any form between the user and the provider.
- External links This website contains links to third parties’ websites (“external links”). These websites are subject to the liability of their respective operators. The provider checked whether the third-party links contain any legal violations when he made the first connection to the external links. At this point in time, no legal violations were evident. The provider has no influence whatsoever on the current and future design and contents of the linked pages. The use of external links does not mean that the provider behind the reference or link makes the contents his own. Constant checking of the external links is not reasonable to be expected of the provider without concrete information of legal violations. However, in case of knowledge of legal violations such external links will be removed immediately.
- Copyright and intellectual property rights The contents published on this website are subject to German copyright and intellectual property rights. Each non-permissible use according to German copyright and intellectual rights must be previously agreed to in writing by the provider or the respective owner of the rights. This specifically applies to duplication, handling, translation, storage, processing and the reproduction of contents in databases or other electronic media and systems. Contents and rights belonging to third parties are marked as such here. Non-permissible duplication or passing on of individual contents or full pages is not permissible and liable to prosecution. Only the preparation of copies and downloads for personal, private and non-commercial use is permissible. The depiction of this website in third-party frames is only permissible with written permission.
- Cookies Our website makes use of so-called cookies in order to recognize repeat use of our website by the same user/internet connection subscriber. Cookies are small text files that your internet browser downloads and stores on your computer. They are used to improve our website and services. In most cases these are so-called “session cookies” that are deleted once you leave our website. To an extent, however, these cookies also pass along information used to automatically recognize you. Recognition occurs through an IP address saved to the cookies. The information thereby obtained is used to improve our services and to expedite your access to the website. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our website.
- Server Data For technical reasons, data such as the following, which your internet browser transmits to us or to our web space provider (so called server log files), is collected: – type and version of the browser you use – operating system – websites that linked you to our site (referrer URL) – websites that you visit – date and time of your visit – your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This anonymous data is stored separately from any personal information you may have provided, thereby making it impossible to connect it to any particular person. The data is used for statistical purposes in order to improve our website and services.
- Newsletter Our website offers you the opportunity to subscribe to our newsletter. The newsletter provides you periodically with information about our services. To receive our newsletter, we require a valid email address. We will review the email address you provide for the purpose of determining whether you are in fact the owner of the email address provided or whether the actual owner of said address is authorized to receive the newsletter. When subscribing to our newsletter, we will store your IP address as well as the date and time you subscribed. This serves to protect us in the event a third party improperly and without your knowledge makes use of your email address to subscribe to our newsletter. We will not collect any other data. The data thereby collected is used solely for the purpose of receiving our newsletter. No data is transferred to third parties. Nor is any of this information matched to any information that other components of our website may collect. You may cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time. You will find additional details in the email confirming your subscription as well as in each newsletter.
- Contacting Us On our website we offer you the opportunity to contact us, either by email and/or by using a contact form. In such event, information provided by the user is stored for the purpose of facilitating communications with the user as well as for eventual check backs. No data is transferred to third parties. Nor is any of this information matched to any information that may be collected by other components of our website. Alternatively, you may contact us by letter at any time: CBS Cologne Business School GmbH Hardefuststraße 1 D-50677 Cologne
- Use of Facebook components Our website employs components provided by facebook.com. Facebook is a service of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. Each time our website receives an access request equipped with a Facebook component, the component prompts your browser to download an image of this Facebook component. Through this process, Facebook is informed precisely which page of our website is being visited. When you access our site while logged into Facebook, Facebook uses information gathered by this component to identify the precise page you are viewing and associates this information to your personal account on Facebook. Whenever you click on the “Like“ button, for example, or enter a comment, this information is transmitted to your personal account on Facebook and stored there. In addition, Facebook is informed of your visit to our website. This occurs regardless of whether you click on a component or not. If you wish to prevent the transfer to and storage of data by Facebook about you and your interaction with our website, you must first log out of Facebook before visiting our website. The data protection policies of Facebook provide additional information, in particular about the collection and use of data by Facebook, your rights in this regard as well as the options available to you for protecting your privacy: https://de-de.facebook.com/about/privacy/ In addition, tools are freely available on the market that can be used to block Facebook social plug-ins with add-ons from being added to all commonly used browsers: http://webgraph.com/resources/facebookblocker/ You can find an overview of Facebook plugins at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/
- Use of YouTube components with enhanced data protection modeOn our website we use components (videos) of YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA, a company belonging to Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. To this end, we use the “ – enhanced data protection mode – ” option provided by YouTube. When you display a page that has an embedded video, a connection will be made to the YouTube server and the content will appear on the website via a communication to your browser. According to the information provided by YouTube, in “ – enhanced data protection mode -”, data is only transferred to the YouTube server, in particular which of our websites you have visited, if you watch the video. If you are logged onto YouTube at the same time, this information will be matched to your YouTube member account. You can prevent this from happening by logging out of your member account before visiting our website. Further information about data protection by YouTube is provided by Google under the following link: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/
- Use of MailChimp
- Newsletter by MailChimp We use MailChimp to send our newsletter to our subscribers. MailChimp is a service provided by The Rocket cience Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318, USA. The data stored when you registered for the newsletter (email address, name, IP address, and time and date of registration) will be sent to a server operated by The Rocket Science Group in the United States and stored there in accordance with its Safe Harbour Agreement. Further information about the data protection offered by MailChimp can be found at: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ You may cancel your newsletter subscription and revoke your consent to the storage of this data at any time with future effect. For instructions to take this step, please refer to the confirmation email and each newsletter.
- Newsletter tracking Our newsletter includes so-called web bugs that allow us to recognise if and when an email has been opened and which links in the email have been clicked by its recipient. This data is stored by us so that we can best align our newsletter to the wishes and interests of our subscribers. Accordingly, the data thus collected is used to send personalised newsletters to each recipient. You will be asked to consent to the use of your personal data as follows: “I agree that my data and my user responses will be stored electronically by newsletter tracking so that I can receive a personalised newsletter. The revocation of the consent to receive the newsletter constitutes a revocation of the consent for the tracking described above.” By revoking the consent to receive the newsletter, the consent to the aforementioned tracking is revoked.
- The use of Instagram We promote the service Instagram on our website. Instagram is a service of Instagram Inc. By means of the integrated “Insta” button on our page, Instagram receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. If you are logged into Instagram, Instagram may assign the visit to our site to your Instagram account and link the data by this means. The data transmitted by clicking the “Insta” button is stored by Instagram. You can find more information regarding the purpose and scope of data collection, its processing and use, as well as your related rights and settings options for protecting your privacy in the Instagram data protection notice under https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388. To prevent your visit to our site from being accessed by your Instagram account, you must log out of your Instagram account before visiting our site.
- Use of Google AdSense Our website employs Google AdSense. Google AdSense is a service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, for incorporating advertisements. Google-AdSense uses so-called “cookies“, text files, that are stored to your computer and which provide analysis of the use of our website. Furthermore, Google AdSense uses so-called “web beacons“. Web beacons allow Google to analyze information, such as visitor traffic to our website. This information, along with your IP address and the ad format displayed, is transmitted to Google in the US where it is stored and may be transferred by Google to contracting partners. However, Google does not merge your IP-address with other stored data on you. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our website. By using our website you declare that you agree to the processing of data collected about you by Google in the manner previously described and for the purposes there specified.
- Information/Cancellation/Deletion On the basis of the Federal Data Protection Act, you may contact us at no cost if you have questions relating to the collection, processing or use of your personal information, if you wish to request the correction, blocking or deletion of the same, or if you wish to cancel explicitly granted consent. Please direct your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or in written form to CBS Cologne Business School GmbH Hardefuststraße 1 50677 Köln Please note that you have the right to have incorrect data corrected or to have personal data deleted, where such claim is not barred by any legal obligation to retain this data.